( not a good picture... how do some women look so good after being in labor? ........ Maybe they are the c-section ladies )
Ok- I know I have been so horrible this past year on putting pictures on our blog but I plan on being better. December was a busy month for us.
It was another busy Monday morning for us. Josh had worked the night before and Miss Ailey had preschool. So I got up that morning tired but Josh helped me get her out the door. I dropped Ailey off at preschool and headed off to another Doctor's Appointment. 4 days prior to this I had to go to a perinatologist. After seeing him he suggested to deliver me at 38 weeks, with 2 stress tests per week until I give birth. So when I went to the doctors appointment on Monday I had a stress test and ultrasound to check fluids. I thought it would be in and out, because I had ailey to pick up from preschool. Ultrasound looked good, fluid a little low but alright. Then headed off the the stress test. I seriously was only in the room for about 10 minutes when she came in and said it looks like we are going to have a baby today. As she is doing this she is calling the nurses station and getting me admitted into the labor and delivery. I started to panic because I didn't have a bag and worried about who is going to get Ailey. But my biggest problem was that Josh was home asleep and left his phone on silent. I started to cry and called multiple times. No answer. So I thought for a moment and called my next door neighbor. Who is amazing. Explained that I am in the hospital and the baby is not doing good. And I cannot reach Josh because he asleep with a phone on silent. So she said don't worry I will start to bang on the door. She pounded and pounded on the door. Then even got in her car and took it over to our house and honked the horn over and over. Finally after much pounding Josh finally got out of bed and went to the door. I believe she said you are having a baby today. I think he said How do you know? And she said your wife is trying to get a hold of you and is already in the hospital. Josh finally called and asked what was going on. He got ready so fast and ran out the door. I was so happy to see him because I was not ready for this baby to be here. I had my mind set for the next Monday when I was going to be 38 weeks. I was started with pitocin around 11:30 am. And gave birth to Miss Tobie Marie Rae at 6:48 pm. She weighed 6 lbs 1 oz. 19 inches long on December 6th, 2010 . I always wonder how I would feel about another child, would I have that same feeling after giving birth as I did with Ailey. I would have to say it was a different feeling... Yes I was completely in love with Tobie the first time I saw her. But this was a different experience, I wasn't blaming myself like I did with Ailey. And I wasn't pushing my baby away. I had a completely different experience with Tobie. It was truly amazing and still is. I am in love. I am blessed to have 2 beautiful daughters. A husband that I am madly in love with and would do anything for to make his life less stressful and happier. I sure hope this year brings me closer to being a stay at home mom so I can fulfill all those dreams and desires I had when growing up.
(Tobie Marie Rae: (Tobie was named after a lady that Josh baptized while serving his LDS mission in Canada. ) She also goes by Tobers, Tobster, Baby T, Tobiesaures, and much more.
Monday, December 6, 2010
Tobie Marie Rae
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Yeah for posting!! :) You do look beautiful and so happy in your picture. I'm so glad that her birth was a good experience. I so can't wait to meet her, hopefully she's not all grown up before that happens! Love & miss you guys!
Wow...your d-day was crazy! I bet it was totally worth it, hindsight of course:) She is so beautiful! Just like her mama:) Congrats, we love you guys!
She is so beautiful! I'm so glad to hear that you are all doing well. Love ya!
Hooray, I have been waiting and waiting for an update. Congrats on baby Todie!! much love, Jamie
Post a Comment